British Safe and Vault Trade Association (BSVTA) is the new name for Eurosafe UK.
It is an association open to UK safe manufacturers and companies engaged, as a major part of their business, in the sale of safes, fire safes, security cabinets and vaults and vault doors. Lock manufacturers engaged in the business of safe lock sales and those in the UK Insurance industry and organisations involved in standards testing were also admitted to membership.
Eurosafe UK (now BSVTA) was established in February 2011 as the UK associate of its parent organisation, Eurosafe in mainland Europe.
Aims and objectives
- To represent the interests of manufacturers and distributors of safes and security containers.
- To take such steps as necessary to improve and maintain the standard of safes and security containers* marketed in the UK.
- To assist in the restoration of confidence in current European standards for testing and rating such products.
- To work with the international parent body, Eurosafe, to promote recognition of the European Fire & Security Group (EFSG) and the European Certification Board.Security (ECB.S)
- To ensure a duty of care to member’s customers by adhering to the association’s Code of Practice.
- To advise insurers, underwriters, insurance brokers and their representative bodies of the advantages of recommending safes and security containers tested and certified by the BRE/LPCB in the UK, or tested by foreign laboratories affiliated with the EFSG or certified by ECB.S
- To encourage insurers to require that used safes have been reconditioned in accordance with BS7582:2005 Code of practice for the reconditioning of used safes.
- To advise insurers, specifiers, security managers, security retailers and end users of the advantages of purchasing safes and security containers from member companies.
*vaults and strongrooms, deposit lockers, free standing cash safes, wall safes, underfloor safes, security cabinets, document fire safes, computer data safes, gun and ammunition safes, drug cabinets and other lockable security containers.